As part of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations, Crewe Town Council has created a short fun film to showcase Crewe and commemorate this special occasion.
The premise of the film is that the Queen’s Royal Train has terminated in Crewe on the way to Balmoral for a break in advance of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations. ‘Her Majesty’ chooses to spend the afternoon incognito in the town (with varying degrees of success) visiting Crewe Heritage Centre, riding the swan boats in Queens Park with Crewe Town Mayor - Councillor Walton - and taking a moment to watch the horse racing with a pint in the Cheese Hall pub on Earle Street.
Watch the video here: https://youtu.be/AYYkKB-gl5c
Film students from Staffordshire University returned to work with the Town Council to create the video, following on from the success of the Christmas Lights Switch on video last year. The 'Comedy Queen' lookalike has been performing as the Royal Head of State for over 20 years and has appeared as Her Majesty on the London West End stage.
The Jubilee film was released on the Crewe Town Council social media accounts at 6pm on Wednesday 25th May 2022.
Crewe is also celebrating the Jubilee in the following ways:
- Family-friendly fun event at Queens Park (Friday 3rd June, 11am until 6pm)
- Union Jack bunting and Platinum Jubilee signage in the town centre
- The release of free Queen’s Platinum Jubilee resources (suitable for Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2)
- A commemorative tree and plaque for all schools within the Town boundary
- “Be a Queen!” events in Crewe Library throughout half term week
Full details of the planned events can be found on the Crewe Town Council website:
Crewe Town Council is proud to co-sponsor the Platinum Jubilee Park event in Queens Park on Friday 3rd June 2022.