Five local organisations have been awarded over £5,000 by Crewe Town Council for local projects which will benefit Crewe residents.
At the latest Community Plan Committee meeting, Councillors approved awards which will help to fund:
- Support for siblings who are young carers (through the Central Cheshire Buddy Scheme)
- Support for homeless and vulnerable people (LATH)
- Raising awareness of a new location for children and young people’s mental health support in Crewe (Visyon)
- Equipment and supplies for local organisation Creative Crewe
- Music for a regional competition for Crewe Brass Band
The Mayor of Crewe, Cllr Dennis Straine-Francis, will be visiting the organisations over the next few months to find out more about what they do and see how the grants will be used in our community.
Watch this space for future updates about the projects and their impact!
About the Community Grant Scheme
Crewe Town Council allocates grant funding through its Community Grant Scheme to groups that can demonstrate a positive impact within the Crewe Town Boundary. Community organisations can apply for up to £2,500 for local projects and activities that reference themes outlined in Crewe’s Community Plan.
The Community Grant Scheme is open for applications throughout the year, with quarterly submission deadlines for applications to be considered by the Community Plan committee.
The next deadline will be: Sunday 18th February 2024 at midnight.
Further details can be found on the Crewe Town Council Community Grant Scheme webpage: www.crewetowncouncil.gov.uk/council-services-2/crewe-community-engagement/grants/