The Council is pleased to have received an update on expenditure by the Federation and a copy of the information is reproduced below. The Town Council invested approximately 11k in 2013/4, 29k in 2015/6 and has allocated £25k for 2015/6. In total this amounts to £65k.
Crewe Town Allotment Federation in partnership with Crewe Town Council has achieved so much in the past year. We have been able to plan and action a majority of site improvement tasks throughout 2014. These have brought considerable improvements in site safety and security to a beneficial level for all sites. Without the funding and support from Crewe Town Council we could not have achieved such a jump forward in site improvements.
Achievements to date (Feb 2015):
- Purchase of Federation Garden Shredder
- Regeneration of Manor Way
- 2014 Annual Allotment Competition
- Brookhouse/Claughton Ave. Installation of separate Water Meters
- Asbestos removed from all sites
- Metal safety lids fitted to water wells at 4 sites
- Electricity St. Manhole cover repairs
- 120 tonnes of hard-core distribution to 3 sites
- Purchase of Federation Multi Tool (Hedge, chainsaw, Strimmer (including long reach adaptor)
- Crewe Potato Day Materials
- Hungerford Road Car Park fencing
- Federation Marketing Materials
Planned investments in 2015/6:
- Installation of Railings for: Electricity Street, Brookhouse, Hungerford Road, Walker Street and Ford Lane
- Metal storage container to keep bought shared items secure
- 2015 Annual Allotment Competition
- Crewe Vegetable Competition
- Boundary Railings for Walker Street
- Two new gates to be installed on Ruskin Road Allotments
We wish to continue this work into 2015 and beyond and some changes may occur to costing in both positive and negative ways.