The Town Council has received the following information from Cheshire East Highways:
Crewe Green Roundabout Total Road Enhancement improvements
Night works to improve Crewe Green Roundabout are planned for the weekend of 19, 20 and 21 February. We understand that there is no right time to undertake work on such a key route as Crewe Green Roundabout and this scheme has been carefully planned to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and members of the travelling public.
What is happening?
We are replacing road markings on Crewe Green Roundabout.
Our approach to total road enhancement will mean that whilst we’re here, we will undertake maintenance activities such as road sweeping, gully cleaning, sign repairs and weed removal. Some man hole covers are to be replaced along with bollards and pedestrian railing.
The aim of this is to address as many highways issues along this stretch of road within the works to minimise future visits which mean further closures and therefore disruption to residents.
When is it happening?
Crewe Green Roundabout, and all approaches, will be reduced to one lane to protect the safety of our workforce. Works are planned at the following times to minimise disruption to peak traffic:
- 8pm Friday 19 February – 7am Saturday 20 February
- 7pm Saturday 20 February – 8am Sunday 21 February
- 7pm Sunday 21 February – 6am Monday 22 February
No signed diversion is required for these works as one lane will be maintained at all times.
Whilst every effort will be made to keep disturbance and disruption to a minimum, due to the nature of the works, some noise may be encountered. If you have any concerns about the works as they progress, our personnel will be on site to provide help and advice as first point of contact to members of the public.
Information for residents
- We are working to bring major, much-needed improvement to this key route for local communities and whilst we do this, our working hours are limited to evening, weekend works to allow for uninterrupted journeys during the peak hours
- Any winter maintenance gritting activities remain unaffected
- Our supervisor onsite is happy to help with any queries that members of the public may have
If our onsite personnel are unable to help, keep up to date with the latest developments from site via the @CECHighways twitter account and also through our dedicated web page for the scheme at cheshireeast.gov.uk/highways. Any queries can also be directed to our Customer Contact Centre at 0300 123 5020.