With the advent period fast approaching, Christmas in Crewe begins on Thursday 27th November with an evening of festive fun and entertainment.
Come along from 4pm to see sparkling performances from the Ruskin Blue Bin Drummers and The Funky Choir. Take part in Santa’s Christmas Parade starting at The Market Centre flanked by the Smarter Ways to Travel (SWTT) ‘Bright Lights Cyclists’. Then join the Mayor of Crewe on the Market Square to see the lights switch on at 6.30pm followed by a fantastic closing fireworks display from Blitz Fireworks.
The Town Council has teamed up with a number of groups to bring a festive feel to Crewe Town Centre this Christmas time:-
- Each Thursday evening whilst you are late night shopping, the air will be filled with yuletide sounds thanks to support from The Box and Colossus Recordings
- Saturday 6th December, Churches Together in Crewe will be holding their annual Nativity Parade accompanied by carols performed by Audley Brass Band
- Sunday 7th December will see the Town Centre filled with a new specialist Christmas Market
- Saturday 13th December we will be joined by Mid-Cheshire Hospitals NHS Choir
- Saturday 20th December shoppers will be accompanied by Nantwich Concert Band
- Sunday 21st December the Mayor will be holding a Carol Service on the Municipal Square led by Crewe Male Voice Choir
- And Last Posts will be sounded on the Municipal Square at 6pm on both Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve to mark the Christmas Truce in 1914
Councillor Pam Minshall, Mayor of Crewe says ‘I am really excited about Christmas in Crewe this year. It is wonderful that the Town Council has been able to put together its first advent programme. I would like to encourage everyone in Crewe to support the Town throughout the season and help to build the festive spirit. Most of all, I am extremely proud to be hosting our first Carol Service for Crewe. This is truly what Christmas is all about and brings back the real meaning and message of Christmas.’
‘Finally, I want to thank everyone in advance for their help in putting this programme together. I am sure it will be a great success.’