ITT Lumen Crewe’s Night of Lights
Download the invitation to tender here:
After two successful years of Lumen – Crewe’s Night of Lights, Crewe Town Council is seeking a reliable and innovative production company to plan, organise and deliver the event in its third year as well as activities around it.
If that sounds like you, please download the invitation to tender pack and submit your proposal before 3rd May 2020.
See the Lumen 2019 film here: https://youtu.be/V1FYMFOi2E4
Lumen is well attended by local people who have enjoyed some spectacular sights in the last couple of years. People still come to see the festive lights being turned on, but as an event it’s now so much more than that.
Highlights of previous years have been performances by the Heliosphere, Spark Drummers, beautiful lanterns, quality digital art installations such as Wave-Field and installations by Impossible as well as large projection mapping shows on the Municipal Building. The event has also successfully included a community lantern parade, a small funfair, live music stage by Cat Radio, a fireworks display and a Christmas Market which we’d like to be repeated in the 2020 event.
The event welcomes in excess of 15k visitors over approx. 3 hours and takes place across the town centre in Memorial Square, Market Square (Crewe Square) and Lyceum Square.
Download the INVITATION TO TENDER LUMEN 2020 for more detailed information about the event, and what we would expect from a production company.
Timeline April-May 2020
- 6 April Invitation to Tender published
- 3 May 5pm Deadline for submissions
- w/c 4 May Submissions opened and evaluated.
- w/c 11 May Contract is anticipated to be awarded.
Please note, the timeline might change to accommodate COVID-19 restrictions. If you have made us aware of your intention to submit a tender (by email on firstname.lastname@example.org) we will keep you informed of any changes.
Please do not submit your final tender to this email address above, only tenders sent in via this page or by post will be allowed.
Submitting your Tender
If you are intending to submit a tender please let us know in advance on email@example.com so that we can advise you of any extra information provided to other tenderers.
We originally advised that all tenders must be submitted by post, however in light of COVID-19 restrictions, we are allowing submissions electronically via this page. Proposals are automatically sent to a secure mailbox that no council officers have access to.
- Document type: PDFs are preferred. Failing that, any documents created in MSOffice would be OK too, but please use PDF if you can.
- One document: Please submit one document with all your information in it. The submission process will not allow you to send ‘supporting’ documents and does not require a covering email, only the proposal itself. So you must put any important contact details and all relevant information in the proposal.
- File size limit: Please ensure your files are 10MB or less.
Submitting by Post
If you are submitting electronically, you do not need to submit by post as well.
- IMPORTANT: If submitting by post, no tender can be considered unless sent in a plain, sealed, envelope labelled: TENDER/ LUMEN 2020
- Postal submissions must be sent to : Accounts Department, Crewe Town Council, 1 Chantry Court, Forge Street, Crewe, CW1 2DL
- Download our address label or use your own.
- Postal submissions must contain at least one hard copy of the tender but can also include an electronic copy on a memory stick or CD.
STRICT DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Sunday 3 May 5pm