Invitations for expressions of interest: To design, supply and install decorative lighting for trees in Crewe Town Centre
Crewe Town Council - Background
The Council is seeking proposals from suitably qualified and experienced suppliers to design, supply and install decorative lighting to seven trees in Crewe Town Centre. The lighting would enhance the street scene between 37 and 49 Victoria Street and create a welcoming gateway from the planned Royal Arcade into the town centre.
The area of Victoria Street has welcomed new businesses over the last few years, with some hospitality premises opening in the evenings. The lighting would be required to support the further development of the evening economy and provide improved visibility and sense of safety for visitors and businesses alike.
The supplier will be required to locate and advise the Town Council on the most appropriate power source and to make the necessary connections. They should also be able to provide on- going maintenance of the lights subject to further negotiation.
Installation to be completed by end of September 2023.
Contractor to have all necessary insurances and accreditation to work in the public realm.
- Warm white lights to feature or to ‘wrap’ the trees.
- Sustainable with low energy requirements.
- Lights to be robust and able to be left in – situ in all seasons.
- Bulbs to be replaceable and sections of cable to be replaceable.
- High quality system to manage light switching on and off according to time or lighting conditions.
- Installation to be carried out with consideration for wildlife such as nesting birds or bats.
- Easily controllable.
- Connection to power source with installation of charging metre if required.
- Detailed specification of products and ancillary aspects and items to be supplied
- Recommendations for most appropriate source of power supply to the scheme.
- A breakdown of costs and timings.
- Details of guarantee period for items.
- An indication of call out charges along with examples of replacement costs.
- Ability to respond to call-outs within 24 hours.
- The selected supplier must have appropriate governance, financial management and insurance in place including evidence of (valid and in date):
- £5 million public liability and professional indemnity insurance (minimum).
- All appropriate regulated qualifications and credentials associated with public works, electrical installations, working in the public realm and working at height.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) for installations.
Expressions of Interest should be returned to the Regeneration Manager by email via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midday Monday 3rd April 2023.
Submissions received after this time will not be considered.
- Crewe Town Council will not be bound to accept any expression of interest and reserves the right to accept an expression of interest other than the one which is the lowest price or not to accept any expression of interest at all.
- Expressions of interest are submitted to Crewe Town Council on the basis that they are compiled at the candidate’s expense.
- Please note the canvassing of members of Crewe Town Council or of any committee, directly or indirectly, regarding the awarding of this tender, will disqualify the applicant.
|This timetable is indicative only. Crewe Town Council reserves the right to change it at its discretion.|
|Issue of expression of interest||1st March 2023|
|Deadline for submission||12:00 midday 3rd April 2023|
|Evaluation of expression of interest||5th April 2023|
|Notification of result of evaluation||5th April 2023|
|Contract signed||By 28th April 2023|
|Lighting installation||By 30th September 2023|
Please direct any enquiries about this opportunity to Lindsay Lewis, Regeneration Manager: email@example.com tel. 07376 390149.