Christ Church Craft Sessions – Opportunity
Are you an arts organisation or artist with a passion for / experience of developing and delivering outdoor family craft activities? We want to hear from you!
Crewe Town Council is seeking to commission a suitably experienced arts organisation to develop and deliver a programme of family focused outdoor craft sessions within the outdoor space at Christ Church, Crewe Town. The craft sessions will form part of a wider programme of summer activity.
The programme of activity will be delivered between July and August 2022.
Our aim is to provide a programme of free-to-access diversionary activities for children of all ages within Crewe during the summer holidays including cultural, sports and nature based activity.
- Provide a free-to-access, high quality and family focused programme of summer activity aimed at young people within Crewe.
- Reduce learning loss over the summer and provide opportunities for young people to achieve the benefits that participating within extra-curricular activities can bring.
- Reduce the financial burden on parents / guardians to provide opportunities for their children to participate in.
This project will be seen as a pilot project with the ambition and potential to develop activities and build momentum for 2023/4.
- To develop a programme of six craft activity sessions which are diverse, artistic adventures, as well as high quality and suitable for a family audience.
- To programme a minimum of three craft activity options per session.
- To deliver and manage six creative activity days, 11am – 3pm (Wednesday 27th July, 3rd, 10th, 17th , 24th and 31st August 2022).
- To provide all infrastructure and materials required to deliver the craft sessions.
- To ensure health and safety and other statutory standards are met, including the completion of all required health & safety paperwork to include:
- risk assessments
- appropriate first aid provision, required licenses
- Evidence of DBS
- Contribute to the monitoring, documenting and evaluation of the Summer activity programme.
The craft sessions will take place within the outside area of Christ Church, Crewe Town Centre 8 Prince Albert St - Google Maps.
The Fee is £4,000 which should include all materials and infrastructure required.
How to apply
- Submit one A4 page on what you’d like to do.
- Provide examples of a couple of things you’ve done before ( include completing H&S & safeguarding paperwork).
- Include a few sentences about your arts organisation.
- Provide a budget breakdown.
- Provide a copy of your Public Liability Insurance.
Please note that tenders will be assessed and marked out of 100 on the following:
- Previous experience of programming and delivering outdoor craft sessions – maximum score 25
- Variety and quality of programming – maximum score 35
- Breakdown of costs to programme, deliver and manage all aspects of the craft sessions– maximum score 25
- Knowledge and experience to complete the required health and safety, safeguarding documentation and DBS check – maximum score 15
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with Christ Church Summer Programme in the subject heading, by 10am on Wednesday 11th May 2022.
- Tuesday 19th April 2022 – Opportunity advertised
- Wednesday 11th May 2022 - Deadline for completed tender applications
- Friday 13th May 2022 – Contract awarded to the successful arts organisation
- Wednesday 27th July, 3rd, 10th, 17th , 24th and 31st August 2022- Craft sessions to take place