The Town Council delivers a number of services to, and on behalf of, residents. Some of these are detailed below. If you require information on other services such as Council Tax, Benefits, Highways, Housing, Environmental Health, Planning, etc. please contact Cheshire East Council on 0300 123 55 00 as these are not dealt with by the Town Council.


COVID-19 update: Allotments remain open and social distancing guidance should be followed to protect yourself and others.  We are advising allotment holders to follow guidance issued by the National Allotment Society which includes: No more than 2 visitors shall be allowed per plotAny children visiting the site shall be supervised and restricted to their own... Read More About Allotments »


The Council makes a financial contribution each year to help Cheshire East and the Police deter and react to crime in the area.

Christmas Illuminations

The Council believes it has one of the best displays in the area and continues to improve the quality and extent of the lights annually. Christmas lights in Crewe 2020 Photos provided by Pete Robinson from the Crewe Photographic Society [eh_gallery gallery_id=12052]

Crewe Rangers

COVID-19 update: The Rangers are operating in a manner which preserves social distancing, while also being on standby to do emergency deliveries.  This service provides a rapid reaction resource to tackle urgent issues in Crewe where a clean up is required. It enhances the general services in Crewe and aims to bring positive changes to... Read More About Crewe Rangers »


COVID-19 update: TrAction has been postponed until it is safe to hold the event, but planning is still taking place. All other events are still scheduled as normal, with a view that this might change if necessary.    The Council runs an increasing number of events including TrAction Crewe, usually in July, and Lumen Crewe's... Read More About Events »

Floral Displays

The Council funds an extensive floral display throughout the town centre. During the COVID19 lockdown period, some of the plants that would have used in the town centre could not be planted. So instead of of them going to waste, they were donated to local schools and the local NHS hospital at Leighton, where they... Read More About Floral Displays »


COVID-19 update: Streetscene Officers are working from home, helping with emergency deliveries and available to support the volunteer effort where needed.  Normal service will return when deemed safe to do so, as guided by Government. The Town Council has two Streetscene Officers who patrol the streets of Crewe seeking to help to reduce problems related... Read More About Streetscene »

Town Centre Management

COVID-19 update: Activities in the town centre have been postponed until safe to hold them.  Planning and coordinating is still taking place. The Town Council is responsible for managing a number of activities in the town centre and coordinating activities with business.

Town Square Bookings

Crewe Town Council issues permits for the use of Memorial and Market Squares.  If you wish to use these for an activity then please contact us. Charitable use is free, a charge is applicable for commercial bookings. Covid-19 update: In addition to providing proof of Public Liability Insurance and a risk assessment of your proposed... Read More About Town Square Bookings »