The Town Council delivers a number of services to residents and, on behalf of residents, some of these are detailed below:
- Crewe Ranger – This service, jointly delivered with Cheshire East provides a rapid reaction resource to tackle urgent issues in Crewe where a clean up is required. It enhances the general services in Crewe and aims to bring positive changes to the streetscene and general environment.
- Allotments – The Council owns 11 Allotments Sites and works closely with the Crewe Town Allotment Federation who look after and run the sites on our behalf. For more information on the Allotment Federation and to check if there are any plot vacancies on any of their Allotment Sites, please visit the Crewe Town Allotment Federation website or email the Federation.
- Floral Displays – The Council funds an extensive floral display throughout the town centre.
- Town Centre Management – We are responsible for managing a number of activities in the town centre and coordinating activities with business
- Town Square Bookings – We issue permits for the use of the Municipal/Memorial and Market Squares. If you wish to use these for an activity then please contact us. Charitable use is free, but we levy a charge for commercial usage. For more info, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
- Events – The Council runs an increasing number of events including TrAction Crewe in July and our Christmas Switch On. The Council also works with other parties who deliver other events in Crewe such as the Cosmopolitan Food Festival in October and Steampunk Convivial in May. The Council also delivers the annual Remembrance Sunday Service each year in November.
- Christmas Illuminations – The Council believes it has the best displays in the area and are continuing to improve the quality and extent of our displays,
- CCTV – the Council makes a financial contribution each year to help Cheshire East and the Police deter and react to crime in the area,
- CreweLife – The Town Council facilities a website which aims to help promote events and activities in Crewe. The website also hopes to assist residents to access information on services and organisations that provide information, support and guidance and also details local groups which they may wish to join or be a part of. Please visit the CreweLife website or email if you would like your organisation or event included.
If you require information on services such as Council Tax, Benefits, Highways, Housing, Environmental Health, Planning, etc.,
please contact Cheshire East Council on 0300 123 55 00