The Town Council’s Community and Environment Committee has agreed to take forward a new Civic Awards Scheme for Crewe.
Cllr Suzanne Brookfield, Deputy Leader of the Council said ‘We want to start a small scheme that recognises and rewards the contribution made by individuals who work hard to achieve things in the Town’
‘We would like to encourage the residents of Crewe to nominate people or organisations they feel have made a positive difference to the Town. Awards will be presented to recipients at the Mayor's Ball in February.
In future years we hope to create Freemen or Freewomen of the Town - this is a prestigious award and we would warmly welcome suggestions from the public to assist in our decisions.
Details of the awards scheme are set out below:
- The community is invited to submit nominations of no more than 200 words for any of the following categories:
- The Crewe Civic Award will be made to individuals who have worked to the benefit of the Crewe Community and who have clearly gone ‘above and beyond’ what would ordinarily be expected.
- The Crewe Sports Award will be made to an individual or organization who/which has demonstrated outstanding achievement in their sport(s).
- The Crewe Community Award will be made to a community group or organisation which has brought a benefit to the Crewe Community.
- The Crewe Youth Award will be made to an individual or organisation which has brought a benefit to the Crewe Community.
- The deadline for nominations is 5pm on 17th January.
- Nominations can be sent to the Town Council on email via the website http://www.crewetowncouncil.gov.uk/contact-us/ or posted to the Town Council.