Community Plan Committee Meeting
Minutes of the Community Plan Committee Meeting held on 5th September 2023
In attendance: Cllr Dawn Clark, Cllr Alan Coiley, Cllr Jill Rhodes, Cllr Lena Hogben, Cllr Ben Wye, Cllr Toni Mortimer, Cllr Kevin Murray, Cllr Martin Edwards, Cllr Sally Graham
|To receive apologies for absence:
|Cllr Irene Faseyi, Cllr Dennis Straine-Francis
|To note declarations of Members’ interests:
|Cllr Alan Coiley declared a non-pecuniary interest in Agenda item 10
Cllr Ben Wye declared a non-pecuniary interest in Agenda item 7.3 & 7.5
Cllr Dawn Clark declared a non-pecuniary interest in Agenda item 10
Cllr’s Dawn Clark, Jill Rhodes, Martin Edwards, Alan Coiley declared a non-pecuniary interest in the agenda as Cheshire East members.
|To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Community Plan Committee meeting held on 14th March 2023
RESOLVED: That the minutes are approved as a true record of the meeting.
|A period not exceeding 15 minutes for members of the public to ask questions or submit comments in relation to the published agenda items.
There were no comments or questions from the public.
|To discuss matters relating to the CVSCE Food Mapping project as described in the full agenda.
· Members appreciated and noted the Food Mapping update
|To review the year-to-date financial position for the Community Plan Committee.
· The year-to-date financial position was noted by members.
|To consider matters related to grant applications received from:
|To provide an end of grant update to members regarding groups funded by the small grants scheme within the last financial year.
· The updates were welcomed and noted.
|To request an allocation of funding to support debt counselling in Crewe
RESOLVED: Members agreed to allocate £2500 of funding for 3 years from the Wellbeing budget line.
|To provide an update to members on the progress of the Business Delivery Plan 2023-24.
· Members noted the update of the business delivery plan.
|To provide members with an update regarding Crewe Library
RESOLVED: That the committee budgets to fund 7.5 hours per week of the 10 hour funding shortfall as informed by Cheshire East Council.
|To request approval of the new Grants Guidance Policy effective September 2023
RESOLVED: That the amended policy is approved and recommended to Council for adoption.
|Budget setting 2024-25
· It was agreed that the draft committee budget should be amended to reflect a commissioning model of community service delivery and a reduction in civic expenditure. The amended draft community plan budget to be circulated to the committee for comments and seek consensus on the draft budget that will be recommended to council.
|To note the proposed date of the next meeting on Tuesday 23rd January 2024 at 6pm.
· Members noted the date of the next meeting
Meeting closed at 8.03pm
Chair: Cllr Dawn Clark
Clerk: J. Dow